You've found the famous Dave's Garden website! Join this friendly global community that shares tips and ideas for home and gardens, along with seeds and plants!|
Check out the DG homepage for a brief overview of what you'll find in this gardening mega-site.
First, a note from DG:
These rules have been in place since late 2000. We take these rules very seriously, and enforce them to the letter. All members who have been removed from the site, have been removed due to repeated violations of these very rules. The members at DG are in support of these rules, and the community loves the order and peace here.
DavesGarden.com ("DG") exists to provide an open and safe forum for the discussion of topics that are of interest to the general gardening and homeowner communities, as well as to service those communities with useful and friendly applications. Our goal is to provide an educational and enjoyable experience for all our members, so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the expectations and policies of DG. By participating in the services provided by DG, you are agreeing to comply with our rules and regulations.
- Our audience tends to be family-oriented (including minors), and we have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that we feel violates the standards of our site. We ask that you do not place any material on our service that could be considered offensive, indecent, abusive, hateful, harassing, libelous, profane, vulgar, unlawful or personally identifiable information.
To maintain a positive environment for community members to take part in lively discussions and to learn, share and grow, we don't allow debate of political or religious issues on the site. This is based on a decision we made back in November 2002 and is not in any way an attempt to disregard any member's personal beliefs, but instead a means for facilitating safety and support for all DG community members.
- From time to time, we'll do a little house keeping. This includes moving forum threads to a forum that is better suited to the topic. You'll still have access to your posts and your watched thread link will still take you to the thread in its new location.
We hate spam, and so do our members. You may not utilize the service to create business opportunities without contacting us first and getting permission. Members are restricted from utilizing the DG services for self-promotion of themselves, their website, or their organization, or to solicit items or monies for charities or fundraisers. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising products or services in any communication medium such as the forums and the member E-mail system. Members may promote their website, services or items for sale in our classified advertising area; all ads are subject to review and approval. As of January 2012, vendors and members may use the classified advertising area to organize group purchases ("co-ops").
- We periodically receive takedown notices from companies who have received unfavorable reviews posted to their Garden Watchdog listing.
Therefore, we are now publishing our firm policy toward takedown notices.
Liability for content posted in online forums rests with the content author(s), as established in the Communications Decency Act (the "CDA") which states that "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider." In passing the CDA, Congress noted that "The Internet and other interactive computer services offer a forum for a true diversity of political discourse, unique opportunities for cultural development, and myriad avenues for intellectual activity," and that it is the policy of the United States... to preserve the vibrant and competitive free market that presently exists for the Internet and other interactive computer services unfettered by Federal or State regulation." Consequently, in Zeran v. America Online, Inc., 129 F. 3d 327 (4th Cir. 1997), the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals determined that under the CDA, online forums cannot be held liable for content posted by their users. This finding has been affirmed repeatedly in courts across the United States. As such, the CDA bars claims made against us as a service provider as a result of any postings on the site.
- Users may not take any actions that may undermine the integrity of any DG feedback system including discussion forums and member E-mail system.
- Members who have been removed from the site will not be eligible for a refund of any subscription fees they have paid.
- DG reserves the right to amend or change these rules at any time without notice.
Revised: June 9, 2010