Viewing Pippi21's Garden Diary: Gardening books recommended
Friday, June 3, 2011
Look for this bookMid-Atlantic gardening book by Mark Viette of Fisherville, Va. I could have swore that I had this book. Maybe it was the one I donated at the Seed Swap in Frederick in Feb. Look in public library if I gave mine away.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Library findsChecked these out of public library and they are great resources.
1. Plant propagation A to Z by Geoff Bryant
2. year-round bloomers by Jerry Baker. Like this for some of his "plant recipes" More like his concoctions!
3. The border book by Anna Pavord
4. The Propagator's handbook by Peter Thompson
check out another book today called Designing with perennials by Pamela Harper. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
5. Miracle-Gro Encyclopedia of plant care
6. Reader's Digest 200 carefree , low maintence plants by R. E. Bir
7. Choosing plant combinations by Cathy Wilkinson Barash
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Recommended by JoAnne Ogilvie aka JoannabananaSeed Sowing and Saving by Carole B. Turner
***The New Seed Starter's Handbook by Nancy Bubel
Starting Seeds Indoors by Ann Reilly
Succulent container gardens or Designing with Succulents by Debra Lee Baldwin
***The Perennial Gardener's Design Primer by Stephanie Cohen and Nancy J. Ondra
***The Perennial Care Manual by Nancy J. Ondra
Lessons from Linden Hill by Jerry Fritz with Nancy J. Ondra
Check to see if our public library owns a copy first. If not, go to book store and look at their copy and see if it is worthy to buy. If I can't live without it, order from Amazon.com! The book titles with Stars***means that I know that our library system owns these books, as I have checked them out before.
|» Pippi21's profile|