Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: lagata2 picture (Chickens and their eggs)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lagata2

In reply to: Chickens and their eggs

Forum: Poultry and Livestock

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Chickens and their eggs
lagata2 wrote:
By the way Tamara, your mind/body knew what it was doing by demanding only the blue/green eggs during pregnancy.....I thought for years that I had suddenly become allergic to eggs back in the mid '80's, but loved them now and then anyway. And would get sick afterward :(
Then I got the Arucaunas and a few other types, and had my first fresh eggs. And got sick. But through happenstance, when I had only blue/green eggs available, I Didn't!!
Confused, I searched the web and came accross this ; Eggs; No Yolking Matter" which starts out " Eggs used to be safe to eat..."
http://www.cspinet.org/nah/eggs-ja.htm
I seem to be very sensitive to Salmonella, though healthy as a horse otherwise. (And from experience, I'd say the ratio of bad eggs out there is MUCH MUCH higher than they say!!) So I called the place I got the chicks from, and asked if they vaccinated against it, and told them why I wondered. I was told they didn't, but that because the aracaunas were a wilder strain, they just were not as susceptible as most domestic fowl.
Now I almost never get sick from them, as long as I stick to home eggs, and the bluer the better. These girls earned the palace I built them!!! Lol!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America