Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Flowers: Murmur picture (show us beginners your blooms)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Murmur

In reply to: show us beginners your blooms

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of show us beginners your  blooms
Murmur wrote:
Deborah, thank you!! That particular bed was first created the summer of 2004 - and it took off like I never imagined. This year I have to move some things as they are too crowded for their own good and some get lost in the thickness. I still need to add rocks as the other side of the bed doesn't have any, and I'd like a few more in some places. Overall, though, I'm pleased with the effect. Many of the rocks were from my own rockery (I only took ones that I didn't think necessary), and many from places where they were getting rid of them. That bed is pretty darn big (probably twice the size I originally designed!).

This photo was taken from the other side (in September) and the tall blue flower to the right is a perennial Salvia - "Black and Blue." It's of the tender variety, but has done well so far . . . here's hoping for this year as we've had colder weather than usual. It has become quite a favorite of mine, as has "Argentine Skies," which doesn't show in this photo, but is of a similar heighth and a lighter shade of blue.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America