Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: Murmur picture (show us beginners your blooms)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Murmur

In reply to: show us beginners your blooms

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of show us beginners your  blooms
Murmur wrote:
Gail, I'm excited for you!!!! Hope you'll share pictures as you create and create and create!!! I lived in apartments for five years (late 80's) and missed gardening so much - the only thing that saved my sanity was that I could do some container gardening on the balconies of both places I lived.

Marilyn, thank you so much for all your nice words . . . makes me feel absolutely wonderful!!! The flower in front of the Salvia Black & Blue is a Caryopteris (I think anyway). The plant in back of the tulips is a Hebe which has a really nice purple flower. I don't know what the secret is on the Salvia, believe me - I think it's a lot of blind luck . . . I just hope they survive the winter. Our local garden center sells them as an annual because they're tender, but you're in a colder zone than I am and yours are surviving, right? Their first winter I mulched them with straw, but I haven't done anything since (this is their third winter) and I'm apprehensive. I'm very happy with how the rocks turned out, too - the bed is slightly raised so I think it made it a bit easier to place them. I have a funny little "creek" (drainage ditch, it must be admitted) right along my property line and I'm hoping to eventually line it with rocks as well. I found a great source close by, but not for free so I'll have to buy them a few at a time. I haven't priced them yet so may change my mind altogether!

I was just looking back over all the photos that have been posted on this thread and they are awesome - I wish I could comment on every single one, but it would take all night. It's just so inspiring to see what everyone is doing! I just keep going back and looking and looking and looking!

Not Martha, it's a pleasure to be seeing some pics of your gardens again - I remember from another thread that they are glorious.

Marilyn, I really like Agastache, too - in this photo it is in back of that Hebe you asked about. At least I think it's Agastache - I'll correct myself later if I find out I'm wrong!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America