Photo by Melody

Beginner Flowers: Allison_FL picture (show us beginners your blooms)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Allison_FL

In reply to: show us beginners your blooms

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of show us beginners your  blooms
Allison_FL wrote:
All these beautiful flowers amazing. Bettygail those Coleus we have had the same ones for almost 5 years. They are forever growing perris for us ! The impatients seed dropped down from hanging baskets we had for years seeding themselves growing tall in between the coleus ! Each time we moved we took a handful. It roots and grows fast. It does not always look as good in the Winter but in Spring perks right back up. We have shared it with neighbors, Mom , Mom neighbors :)) It grows bushy like shrubs !
We are lucky in five years have not seen frost, in ten years only few times we cover and have not lost anything.
This week they did say we were in a freeze warning and Hubby covered everything , Thank God we had a blanket of clouds protect us and we lowed about 45. The heat has been running most of the week though our home went to 75 today so it shut off. Next couple days 70's and rain. Rain is good were low on it.
It was amazing today , I don't get out ofetn but to see the Purple leaf Shamrock Oxlis ( real name too long for me to spel) growing and blooming away . The Mexican Marigolds I was told/Cosmos the pretty flower blooming away, Impaitents blooming, morning Glories . We need rain bad though were in a bad drought and allowed to water one day a week.
This Begonia gives us a show each year. A friend gave me a tiny peice about 4 years ago now we have a couple in garden beds and some left in our home next door we sold. Gets now special care.Loads of the prettiest pink flowers !

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America