Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sustainable Alternatives: wallaby1 picture (Recycled fireplace reconstituted stone blocks.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

In reply to: Recycled fireplace reconstituted stone blocks.

Forum: Sustainable Alternatives

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Recycled fireplace reconstituted stone blocks.
wallaby1 wrote:
That's great, thanks renwings!

I had always thought I wanted stones on top, I had ideas of buying some large decorative stones but they are expensive, and I didn't think they would suit the wall, or the wall wouldn't suit the stones! I have quite a few small stones I have dug from the garden but I do use the top of the wall to stand a lot of pots on, so I have changed my mind on that.

A seat is also an idea I had, if I can find some suitable wood I may do that in one spot as I often feel like I could do to sit for a while.

I noted the mention of putting soil around a tree trunk, my tree was quite depleted of soil around it, and the mixture is shallow with plenty of leaves. Some tree roots have grown up into it so it probably appreciated the top up.

I have a photo of it in in full early spring before most things have grown, but you get the pic....

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America