Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Flowers: Gymgirl picture (Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gymgirl

In reply to: Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden!

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden!
Gymgirl wrote:
Dale,
What's the border plant with your bed of impatiens? This Saturday I bought several packets of zinnias, nasturtiums and sunflower seeds. I need a bang of color for the Buck. Not a lot of $$ this summer. I'm in Zone 9a. We had 32 degree weather the last two nights, so I think I'll play it safe and germinate the seeds inside for the next 5-6 weeks. (I'll direct sow the nasturtiums. Packet says they are resistent to transplanting).

I have two small shady flowerbeds. One is on the south side of the garage and one is direct center of the yard with two trees standing in it. No bright sunlight reaches either bed. Suggestions, please for color that will grow under these conditions? P.S. I have an autumn fern that I planted in the center bed last summer that has survived the winter! It also has two small mexican heather bushes. I had coleus in the bed last summer, but I don't want to do coleus this summer. here's a pic of the flowerbed:

This message was edited Mar 5, 2007 1:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America