Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sustainable Alternatives: earthling picture (Anyone use rainwater or grey water?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright earthling

In reply to: Anyone use rainwater or grey water?

Forum: Sustainable Alternatives

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Anyone use rainwater or grey water?
earthling wrote:
Since this is the first year we have had the tank, I dont know about the UV rays, but where it is situated, I doubt it will get many, it is completely shaded which will help, I am sure...

We also got some of the white 55 gallon barrels he was using, I think we got 8 of them. 2 are being used to catch the rainwater..(one which pumps into the big tank, the other just collects off the patio). You can see the other things I am using to catch the rainwater...I use everything I can find..LOL

We cut the rest of the barrels in half and will use them for container gardening. Since the place to get them is only a very nice hour drive away, if we want/need more, we can go get them.

Edited to say that the plastic will be coming off the patio next week....it is screened under the plastic so cats can be outside without being outside..

This message was edited Mar 23, 2007 3:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America