Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

High Yield Gardening: passiflora07 picture (Does anyone do Square Foot Gardening method?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright passiflora07

In reply to: Does anyone do Square Foot Gardening method?

Forum: High Yield Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Does anyone do Square Foot Gardening method?
passiflora07 wrote:
I just built mine this past weekend. The beds aren't square, but I did the square foot grid throughout. I agree that it is expensive - we spent about $500 total - this includes wood, soil, organic pest control and amendments (worm tea and neem oil), seeds, and other misc. supplies (like pressure sprayers). I've heard a lot of people find cheaper ways to build the bed...like using scrap materials instead of buying the wood or harvesting dirt from the yard and ammending it for the bed. I didn't have any of these resources, so I just had to buy everything, but I plan on getting a lot of use out of them, and I'm hoping the yield will make up for the initial costs.

This is my first experience with SFG, but I already love the organization of the grid. Its neat to look at and it makes it easy to plan the layout of the plants (I'm also doing companion planting). I don't have any past experience, but I will keep the DG forums up to date on my progress :) Good luck with yours!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America