Photo by Melody

High Yield Gardening: passiflora07 picture (Does anyone do Square Foot Gardening method?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright passiflora07

In reply to: Does anyone do Square Foot Gardening method?

Forum: High Yield Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Does anyone do Square Foot Gardening method?
passiflora07 wrote:
I just built mine this past weekend. The beds aren't square, but I did the square foot grid throughout. I agree that it is expensive - we spent about $500 total - this includes wood, soil, organic pest control and amendments (worm tea and neem oil), seeds, and other misc. supplies (like pressure sprayers). I've heard a lot of people find cheaper ways to build the bed...like using scrap materials instead of buying the wood or harvesting dirt from the yard and ammending it for the bed. I didn't have any of these resources, so I just had to buy everything, but I plan on getting a lot of use out of them, and I'm hoping the yield will make up for the initial costs.

This is my first experience with SFG, but I already love the organization of the grid. Its neat to look at and it makes it easy to plan the layout of the plants (I'm also doing companion planting). I don't have any past experience, but I will keep the DG forums up to date on my progress :) Good luck with yours!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America