Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: pupilpropogtr picture (The FLOWERPOT Cafe' )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pupilpropogtr

In reply to: The FLOWERPOT Cafe'

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of The   FLOWERPOT  Cafe'
pupilpropogtr wrote:
Humbly she accepts the compliments and inside lets go of her breath. Thank you so much. You could not imagine how long this took me. I am not even going to tell. Let's just say it is sitting in the same spot, where nary a breeze can touch it or it will all flop forward. How do you keep it in place in a rose bud vase?

I had another of the roses, but I liked the fact I could walk out my front door and cut one of mine. I actually read an older thread where ya'll talked about how to cut roses from the bush. Thank goodness, because of all the abuse and time it took, I don't think it would have made it much longer.

Here's a kicker. I think If I had more roses, this might have worked. But with only 3 roses, all cut to the wrong size, and store filler, didn't think about my back yard till later, it looked so disproportionate and downright silly. It is a shade to a light with reverse painting. I usually just put a candle under it. You should have seen me try to use this with only a glass of water under it. My DH was laughing at my frustration. He is no longer laughing. HAHA! I scraped it and started over.

Don' mind the mess. This is our basement Tiki bar. I have pretty much taken over it for gardening.

Please tell me if something could have been altered. Should I have used the other rose instead of the bud. Any feedback will not be construded as malious. This is my very first arrangement and I would love some pointers.

Thanks,
Traci

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America