Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: mcamden picture (My homeade bator! )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mcamden

In reply to: My homeade bator!

Forum: Poultry and Livestock

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of My homeade bator!
mcamden wrote:
OK...new expert here! Hahaha...JB, all my eggs in the bater are brown (as you can see from the pictures) the shells are also like Ft. Knox. Family always jokes that you have to get the hammer out if you want breakfast! I took a Magglight (brightest one i had) then I took a half empty roll of electric take...and taped it to the middle of the glass. Then I took a couple pieces of foil together, poked a hole out with a pen, and taped around the hole. Then put it over the tape stuck to the end of the light, and tied it with a rubberband.

I know...I know. You all are thinking "What the heck is the electric tape roll for?" Well...I will tell you. We all know an egg is not flat...it is well, egg shaped. So Now I can use the roll of take as a nice 'holder' for the egg. It forms a nice seal without pushing a curved eggshell against a flat glass surface. By doing this I was able to see very clearly into the eggs.

I then got really wild and did the same thing to a second light! Now I shine a light from both ends at the same time and my chickadees light up like the Christmas tree!

Alas...I tried to get pics...but my digital camera doesnt understand low light...so this is the best one I got. It just looks like a dark spot!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America