Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beekeeping: The_Advocate picture (Are the bees really "disappearing"?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright The_Advocate

In reply to: Are the bees really "disappearing"?

Forum: Beekeeping

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Are the bees really "disappearing"?
The_Advocate wrote:
I started off allergic to bees and after surviving numerous stings, I react worse to a mosquito bite than a bee sting. Dont wear perfume or colone around them and DEFFINATLY eat no bannas before working with them and it's amazingly easy.

Ever wonder why beekeepers use a smoker? It makes the workers think the hive is on fire so they fill up on honey in preperation to evacuating the hive. Full tummy makes it hard to bend the abdomon to sting.

Want to keep bees in a residental area without having the neighbors in an uproar? Thin elevation. Thats right. Build a stable stand and put them on the roof. They will fly over everyones head and then if they end up stung, they were doing somnething they shouldn't have been.

What's stopping you from keeping bees now? Money is my only barrier. Almost anyone can do it and the rewards are oh, so SWEET!!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America