Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Memory Garden: MistyMeadows picture ((ceeadsalaskazone3) Carol Eve Eads)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MistyMeadows

Subject: (ceeadsalaskazone3) Carol Eve Eads

Forum: Memory Garden

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of (ceeadsalaskazone3) Carol Eve Eads
MistyMeadows wrote:
I didn't know Carol like most, I loved her pictures of Alaska and "spoke" with her a few times on DG; but with her passing I've been reading many of her posts and posts from others that loved her so much. Carol joined DG on March 29, 2002 and contributed far more than she probably ever knew. She was there to answer questions and really put a perspective on life and love. Some things I found out about Carol:

She really loved her family and friends.
She really loved her wrinklies, as she called her puppies.
She really loved reading, and her garden, and Alaska.
She really loved hunting, and fishing, and camping and just really communing with nature.
She was an exceptionally intelligent person.
She believed that her higher power was here on Earth and we should live for that power now! Live life to the fullest and make the most out of every moment...don't waste any of them; she didn't.

She really loved life!

Carol was not that old, but how can life be measured? Is it measured by how long our feet stand on this soil or is it measured by how much we have done while here? I believe it is the latter and Carol took full advantage of that philosophy.

She took on her illness with a strength and dignity that I could only hope I would have if given the same circumstances.

Carol Eve Eads was born September 9, 1947. She passed away on May 5, 2008 at the home of her sister Ava Eads in Seward, Alaska, after a courageous battle with terminal brain cancer.

Carolís Journey, a 27 thread segment on Parking Lot Forum in Daveís Garden: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/841051/
is a tribute to her intelligence, her knowledge, her love for all nature has to offer, as well as her willingness to share all of that with others. She started the first thread in October, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/779992/ after receiving her diagnosis, as a way of saying Goodbye to all of her DG friends. Instead of saying goodbye, she gained more friends who continued to climb her mountain right beside her.

Along with all the friends she met on Daveís Garden, she is survived by her sister, Ava, who cared for her unconditionally during her illness; her father John Calvin Eads; her son John Calvin Wood, her brother John Charles Eads, all of Seward, Alaska; her daughter Tonya Victoria Bass and grandsons Travis, Trevor, Timmy and Taylor of Wasilla, Alaska; her only niece Deanne Moore of Kenai, Alaska and her significant other of 20 years, Sammy Goodwin of Seward.

Carolís favorite color was blue, and if you were fortunate enough to receive seeds from her, you will find that most of her flowers were shades of blue. Her favorite times of year were spring for composting and planting, and fall for the annual family bird hunting, trout fishing and berry picking trip. She was an avid reader on topics from nature to history to art to poetry to philosophy. She absorbed everything she read and shared it with those of us who loved her.

Carolís joy in living, her love of nature, her inspiration changed those of us whose lives she touched. The lessons she taught us are invaluable, and she will be missed by all of us.

Our lives are all much better for having had Carol cross our path in life. May her family and friends find peace in the every days of life and the beauty of nature around us. I feel that Carol would be proud to think she had a great part in that understanding.

Kathy

Here is a very recent picture with her family. Carol is leaning over her Dad.

This message was edited May 7, 2008 12:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America