Photo by Melody

Trash to Treasure: allysgram picture (directions for making wind spinners from coke/soda/beer cans)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright allysgram

In reply to: directions for making wind spinners from coke/soda/beer cans

Forum: Trash to Treasure

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of directions for making wind spinners from coke/soda/beer cans
allysgram wrote:
This is the directions a lady had on another forum. Hope this helps

She said:
You need 2 pop cans. remove the top of the pop cans down to the shoulder of the can, (so you are left with 2 aluminum drinking cups, is what they look like)You can do this easily with a sharp pair of scissors as the aluminum is easy to cut.
Next you have to cut the spokes down the sides of the cans-I made a template that was a piece of paper that fit around the can, divided into 8 equal sections, a bit over an inch each, I mark the spokes at the top and bottom of the can, then cut them on a diagonal, mark onegets cut over to mark 2 and so on.IMPORTANT! each can has to be cut in opposite directions, one slants left to right and the next right to left, or they wont fit together and you will go crazy figuring it out.
Now poke a hole thru the bottom of each can in the center. To attach them together its easiest to string them on a piece of wire facing each other, held up by coffee cans or what ever.
Just fold the 2 spokes together forming a point and then do the next one till you are done. Then the gal who did them first hung them vertically, several stacked together on a wire. the use of a wooden bead between them acts as a bearing so they spin freely. I placed mine on a wire horizontally like a flower and attached to a stake.
Its actually easy, its just hard to describe and the person who did them first did a much better job, I hope this helps
All above directions are from another person. I did not keep the name in my notes tho. (but her pics are great)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America