Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Memory Garden: Highmtn picture ((Nedhudson1) Ned Hudson)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Highmtn

In reply to: (Nedhudson1) Ned Hudson

Forum: Memory Garden

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of (Nedhudson1) Ned Hudson
Highmtn wrote:
Hello All,

I’m one of Ned’s long time buddy-ettes from WA. I think I (WE – NHGC-MC-BC friends) have been chatting daily with Ned for about 6 years. We’d start our mornings with the usual weather reports (from North-East-South and West), trying to claim braggarts rights on who had the best/worst/wettest/driest/hottest/coldest temperatures of the morning. Ned drew his boundaries with us early on and we rapidly learned that Folgers was the only coffee he considered edible and he liked his email jokes just a weeeee bit naughty...lol .

He was such a stand up guy! Wickedly funny, not too concerned about being PC (lol) smart....kind hearted and a man who didn’t care for a lot of pomp and circumstance. His knowledge of all things great and small was vast, and I always suspected that Al Borland (from Tool Time) was his wardrobe consultant.

A couple years ago Ned (aka Nedster – Nedward - Mintman) met a handful of us at the Gig Harbor, WA garden tour. We had such a grand time, and Ned deserved a medal (possibly a Purple Heart) for putting up with a group of middle aged, hormonally deprived menopausal women for 36 hours. Worse yet...he was the DD (designated driver) so he had 5 back seat drivers the entire time. He was a blue ribbon “good sport” and the day was rich with laughs, bad driving, good food and lots of rain. During that trip Ned was continually beaming as he shared the excitement of reuniting with his family and grandchildren prior to catching up with us. Life is not always perfect, but it appeared that it was a wonderful event that had touched him very deeply. It was indeed a trip I will cherish forever!

I’m also part of the group that constructed “Ned’s Signature Quilt”. One day a kind hearted compliment from Ned (about a quilt photo posted in our thread)...prompted an idea... that prompted some whispering...that prompted some emails...that prompted some ideas...that prompted some efforts...that prompted some donations...that alllllll eventually produced a fine quilt to enfold him in our love and well wishes while he rested and battled his health problems. I work in a cancer center and I see miracles happen every day. It totally broke my heart that a miracle wasn’t in store for Ned, but the more I think about it... we had lived the “miracle” as a group of total strangers that began to chat years ago...drinking our morning coffee and learning all about each other’s lives, and worlds while sitting at a keyboard. Who woulda “thunk” it.

There are no words to really express how much I’ll miss Ned and his insightful posts. I feel a huge sense of “loss” when I boot up my computer every morning looking for him in the morning banter. He was a grand green thumber, and an even a BETTER friend! Whewwwwwwwwwww......... God’s speed my sweet friend.... it was an honor to be part of your world.

With Sincere Love,

Felicia

Photo - Left to right:
Felicia (Dirt Ball), Ned, Kim(Booner) Cinda
Front - Dori (Doriwithani)

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008 8:56 PM

This message was edited Nov 21, 2008 9:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America