Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: BLOSSOMBUDDY picture (Nosegays and flower bouquets!! Something old, something new)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Nosegays and flower bouquets!! Something old, something new

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Nosegays and flower bouquets!!  Something old, something new
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Hey terriculture...where's the thread to the NYP?

Here's an add on on the bedroom wall in our lil "bridal suite"!!

I love making these, but I have problems in finding the big straw hats! Somewhere in storage is my veilcap. It has matching flowers.... now, that I keep wrapped and stored and usually only pull it out for our anniversary long about June....it is white and well you know how dust can be on heirlooms!

These straw hats are very simple to make actually. You put the gathered lace on first then you space your larger flowers alternating the colors and put your filler flowers between each on next! It is a quick easy glue gun project! Leave enough of the trail lace to hang 2 to 3 feet. They are wonderful bridesmaids or spring bonnets too!

You can do them of fresh flowers, but it is much more work and time consuming, but they are gorgeous! You wire your fresh just as you would if for making a nosegay or more like a bouttoneir actually and then you affix the flowers to the hat taking the wires neatly through so as to not show or destroy the hats integrity! Remember to glue your glue your lace first.

On the hats remember to work in odd numbers to best balance the hat in its design unless you are leaving the forehead open, but then odd numbers seem to look better on those two.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America