Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: BLOSSOMBUDDY picture (mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED )

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of mY gLORIFIED pOTTING sHED
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
LOL! Hey, don't blame you there. Getting shocked is no fun. I am one of those people who are a walking lightning rod. Dont stand near me in a coming storm I have been tickled by God! And thank God not scorched by the lightning devil!! If you see my hair starting to go up RUN! Ye-ouch! I actually did have some slight burns once much like a over backed sun burn to which was not fun, but peeled and had a blister!, LOL! But gads.. I have had near misses of nearly a dozen times just because I work outside a lot! But the power from an outlet, that can kill you too So no inner outlet, and no inner fuss~!

So now, getting back a bit to the outside of the structure.... here is the veiw of the north wall of my greenhouse. Yuu will notice it has only 2 vents on the roof. Those vents pop open with the solar openers and the sun can enter their openings. You want to locate your greenhouse to that advantage. The sun heats those thingees that look like a shock absorber, the temperature in them rises and pushes teh cylinder to pop the vent open. Occassionally those openers wear out and do need replacing. I think we did ours once.

I am fortunate I have a security light above my greenhouse. It runs all night and so well it affords a little extra light hours for my plants, but I cannot really say it makes that big of a difference on their growth, just is nice to work in the thing at night if I choose to when it is dark!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America