Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: BLOSSOMBUDDY picture (Flower Pot Cafe - 20)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: Flower Pot Cafe - 20

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Flower Pot Cafe - 20
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Well, it is sunny and the fresh water tide is receeding... I am looking like May before I can do any serious gardening. Life on this swamp get to be a tad....a-hem interesting and frustrating, but we do try to take things in stride and adapt! Things are always changing..Schedules, weather, garden beds washing out.

Now here is a shot I took the other daywhere you can see why annuals are not really my thing! So anybody out there on my list of to does, your patience is greatly appreciated!

It shows my garden paths all flooded. That pile in the middle is my wood chip pile. The derned stray nuisance ducks are using it as an island! We have a pair of qwaacks that just showed up in the last week.. dont know where they came from who owns them or what., they are domestic strays and are a pain in the keester here. They been going in my barn terrorizing a few of my young horses and well I have tried to corral them. I have tried getting animal control to take them, the sheriff does not know who owns them and well, we dont want them either because they are a royal nuisance and because they are strays are on and off the highway and everywhere they should not be. They cant fly. So they are destined to get killed on the highway or otherwise and I am afraid they are gonna cause someone a serious accident. I am tired of getting my fence hit and people drive away and not repair it or people go out of control because they try to avoid the ducks and then they swerve with their vehicles go off the road and /or lose control and then they get injured. Dang domestic critters got no fear and so they will play on the road and get smaacked. eventually, And if they are owned by someone around here, they sure the heck are not doing anything of their part to keep them confined. Their negligence is no excuse to blame someone if the animals get hurt or killed. The people who own these strays are actually the nuisance and negligent.

Never a dull moment here.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America