Photo by Melody

Article: Fragrant Climbing Plants: CoreHHI picture (Here's a combo for you)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CoreHHI

Subject: Here's a combo for you

Forum: Article: Fragrant Climbing Plants

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Here's a combo for you
CoreHHI wrote:
I made a garden room by growing muscadine grapes which were trained over the top of a pergola that's 16'x12'. On three of the corners I grow sterile morning glories. The grapes give me shade by this time of year and I get fruit hanging down in the middle of the pergola. The MG's give me color all summer long and attract humming birds almost every evening while they're around. Ends up being a nice effect and a shaded area to sit. I have to say the grapes are more for show but I do get enough eat and share.

I'm also growing vines to make a living wall in between two tall pines. The main vine is Carolina Jessamine which I pruned to about 15 ft tall and it's grown together from one tree to another after a few years. That gives me an evergreen wall and this year I'm figuring out what what other vines to mix in for color and or fragrance. Just an idea for anyone interested. Here's a picture of the jessamine before I pruned it. It should grow into a solid wall this year.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America