Beginner Gardening: My new garden toy, come look, 1 by vossner

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright vossner

Subject: My new garden toy, come look

Forum: Beginner Gardening

Back to post
Photo of My new garden toy, come look
vossner wrote:
DDDH got me this on Mother's Day. The day before I had complained about blisters I had gotten trimming an espalier using a pair of scissors. I had shown him a similar tool I saw in the Gardener's Supply catalog a few months ago, but I hadn't seriously thought that I needed to have one, more like "would be nice to have".

When my finger was blistered and my arm rather stiff from scissor-trimming for over an hr, I knew I needed a little help. The mini weighs about 2 pounds and cuts thru anything less than 1/2" thick, as if it were butter. Won't work for regular shrubs. I absolutely adore it. Will be using it lots.

Before we went to Lowe's to get my minishrubber I looked online for user reviews. It was 1/2 pro and 1/2 con. It is definitely for light use. Ours cost $45, the one listed in Gardeners Supply is $65.

If you use the mini, pls post here. I'd like to read what you all think about yours. Me, I recommend it!

This message was edited May 19, 2009 11:41 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America