Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Soap and Candle-making: ladygreensleeves picture (luffa sponge soaps)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladygreensleeves

In reply to: luffa sponge soaps

Forum: Soap and Candle-making

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of luffa sponge soaps
ladygreensleeves wrote:
Of all the pictures I have taken not one includes my soaps....lol. I was making them mainly for family and friends and decided to try selling some at a festival held every year at my old home town. Don't you know I sold everyone of them! My neighbor raved about how great they were and said I should, and since I was going to be there anyway I thought I would try. Wished I had taken more of them now. I sold the luffhas and seeds too.
How many of you use them in other ways, like at the kitchen sink to scrub the dishes or teflon pots and pans. Perfect for that as well as they won't scratch the teflon.

Bigred, you could try sowing your seed now. Just stay on top of their water needs. Mine have that wilted look during the heat of the day in late july and august and then spring back as it starts cooling off. I make sure they get a good drink every other day or so soaking the ground and the vines.

My vines are growing like crazy right now and flowering, have seen one or two female flowers but mostly male flowers. I started the vines to cover a old ugly fence and then when I ended up with so many luffhas I needed a way to use them. Thats how I got started with using them in soaps. I love vines and luffhas definitally cover that topic. As well as any fence or support or anything else their little tentrils can crasp ahold of.

I have seeds, lots and lots of seeds for anyone who is interested.

Heres a picture of the luffha on the vine last year.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America