Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: BLOSSOMBUDDY picture (July in the garden part 2 2009.)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: July in the garden part 2 2009.

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of July  in the garden   part 2 2009.
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Awww, ya gotta collect some see off those sweet peas and send me some!

On your daylily, I have never seen that one before, but it sure is lovely.; See those green pods forming on it? Those are the seed pods. Watch them and you can collect some seeds off of it and have a brand new hybrid. It would be an open pollinated daylily hybrid, of no name more than likely crossed with your other daylilies in the garden. Anyway, when the pod is more mature, pick them...they should be abit larger and the pod will crack. You need to get them at the time of if not just before the cracking otherwise they will fall into your garden and grow later and you will have new plants in your old clump! I have a ton of Stella de oro that I need to pick.

This is my coleus cuttings! Funny, I got a pair! LOL!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America