Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Voting Booth: kassy_51 picture (Who is your best assistant in your garden?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kassy_51

In reply to: Who is your best assistant in your garden?

Forum: Voting Booth

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Who is your best assistant in your garden?
kassy_51 wrote:
All 3 of mine are buds, and all rescue cats in a way. The big guy was born to a wild farm cat. I had to take him when he was young or I never would have gotten him. I think he was about 4 weeks old if that. He was raised on what is called Tigers Milk and I can tell. That's why he got the name Simba. He use to sit and watch wrestling with my son. And he played fetch with beanie babies when he was little.

The dark little girl was dropped off at a friends house. She was attacked by one of his male cats, and he heard it and ran out to find out what was doing on. He rescued her from the male cat and he already had 5 kittens of his own to find homes for, so I took her. I couldn't resist after he sent me photo's of her in e-mails. I found homes for 2 of his kittens for him too.

And then there is Buddy, the orange guy. His is a interesting story. He showed up at and assisted care home where I worked. He was missing an eye, the tip of his ear, and he couldn't walk on one of his back legs. (I don't know if it was just out of joint or what.). I knew 2 of the residents were trying to feed him,so i started taking him out some of the left overs in a dish. At first he would hiss and run away. It didn't take long though before he started trusting me and coming to me when I would step outside and say "Where is my buddy?". He even started laying down and rolling around and wanted me to pet him.
When I knew I was going to be leaving that job, I knew I had to catch Buddy some how to bring him home. Buddy had never let me pick him up and to this day he is still afraid of being picked up (I'm thinking he was abused.). I took a cat carrier in to work one rainy night and a toy to try to lure him into it. The first time I went outside I put the carrier out there and opened it and called him. He came running. He checked out the carrier a few times. Put his head in it, walked around it checking it out and put his head in it again, and walked into it and layed down..........LOL I quick closed the door on it and called my daughter-in-law to come and get him.
I haven't been able to get him into one that easy since.
At times they all lay together like in that picture I posted above and at times they are all in different places, and at times it's 2 of them laying together.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America