Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Clean and Clutter-free: joeyramone picture (What about FLY LADY?!! Anybody follow her advice?!!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeyramone

In reply to: What about FLY LADY?!! Anybody follow her advice?!!

Forum: Clean and Clutter-free

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What about FLY LADY?!! Anybody follow her advice?!!
joeyramone wrote:
I've been doing Flylady for about 2 months now- found her thanks to this thread. I have to say, I LOVE her and really took to heart her saying that you have to adjust her ideas to your own lifestyle. I think that part is really key, as is using the timer. For over a month I've spent 15 minutes about four days a week sorting through old papers that I've literally been avoiding for years. In the past, I would have expected myself to lock myself in the room with them all day or until it was done and I would have been miserable (no wonder I avoided it for so long!).

My live-in boyfriend's mom is coming to visit next month and for once I'm not doing the procrastination/ panic/ crisis clean thing that I've almost always done in the past.

A word of warning, though: Flylady seems to be about decluttering and housekeeping, and on the surface, that's exactly what it is. On a deeper level, though, it's about decluttering on the INSIDE- all those negative patterns and thoughts that kept you in chaos in the first place. The physical energy it takes to do the work is nothing compared to the emotional energy that goes into working flylady's plan, but the benefits are tremendous. Fasten your seatbelts, kids, you're in for a helluva ride!

It's about progress, not perfection, as evidenced by this picture of my "shiny" sink!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America