Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Clean and Clutter-free: rubyw picture (Where do you start?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rubyw

In reply to: Where do you start?

Forum: Clean and Clutter-free

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Where do you start?
rubyw wrote:
Hello to everyone - I was missing in action for a while. We spent last week at rainy and windy VA Beach. There was one nice beach weather day all week, the day before coming home. I enjoyed being away and was able to meet up and visit with a long lost cousin who I have been emailing back and forth since last fall. So not all was lost.

Several of you made reference to something I had written, and I am too lazy to go back and see what I last wrote. Someone mentioned my son story, so I recall writing about it being connected with my trying to fill a void in my life by accumulating things. That void is filled and I am left with a lot of things that need new homes.

I also posted on another thread here that I keep up with and posted some pictures of today's accomplishments. Birdieblue, I am reporting with a good progress report from this morning and share my pictures here also. I took a before and after, even though I didn't completely finish the whole room. I ran out of energy before I was able to finish, but I think with a couple hours in the morning, I will have my room ready to begin housing my many houseplants for the winter. I am really excited because I had looked at the junked up state for too long now.

You all have some great ideas that will serve to be very helpful. I love the encouragement that I see here. Seems that each of us has a little cheerleader gene somewhere in our souls. Go girl, go!!!

I too am a freecycler. Because of no-shows I learned early on to just offer to deliver the items myself. I have been both giver and receiver of some pretty nice things. It always feels really good that I have had something to offer when someone was looking for something in particular. I think that it is a great concept.

Anyway, gonna close. This is the before picture of junk room. No laughing. hahaha

Ruby

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America