Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!: DianeEG picture (Close Encounter)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DianeEG

Subject: Close Encounter

Forum: Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Close Encounter
DianeEG wrote:
One summer I was laying a brick walkway by my back porch. I'd do a some every nice day. One hummingbird feeder is beside my screened in porch which has our outdoor table, etc. It is also beside a honeysuckle bush. Because of these things, they quickly got used to me. When they'd fly in to feed, I'd just stop laying brick and watch. One day I was standing and contemplating something and one landed on my arm. We looked each other over for a bit and he flew away.

Besides being awesome, I was totally amazed at how little I felt. It weighed so little and his feet were so small, it was hardly any pressure. Amazing little birds.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America