Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cooking: darlindeb picture (???What do you do with Diakon (Japanese) Radishes???)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright darlindeb

Subject: ???What do you do with Diakon (Japanese) Radishes???

Forum: Cooking

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of ???What do you do with Diakon (Japanese) Radishes???
darlindeb wrote:
I always try to plant something different each year. This year I did some oriental vegetables. I got a surprise (fall) bumper crop of these radishes. I planted in the spring and they bolted fast so I let them go to seed. Well, some of the seeds landed here and there and came up this fall.

I need something to do with all these long white raddish things. How do you fix these? I'm looking for recipes someone has actually made and enjoyed.

I do like the the green tops cooked. I understand you can eat the green tops raw added in salads.
I sauteed some red onion and garlic first and then added only the green tops chopped up and cooked those down stirring almost constantly. This was very good. I even tried them on a 93 year old and she liked them. When you cook the tops they seem to lose the spicey hot taste they have when raw.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America