Photo by Melody

Cooking: darlindeb picture (???What do you do with Diakon (Japanese) Radishes???)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright darlindeb

Subject: ???What do you do with Diakon (Japanese) Radishes???

Forum: Cooking

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of ???What do you do with Diakon (Japanese) Radishes???
darlindeb wrote:
I always try to plant something different each year. This year I did some oriental vegetables. I got a surprise (fall) bumper crop of these radishes. I planted in the spring and they bolted fast so I let them go to seed. Well, some of the seeds landed here and there and came up this fall.

I need something to do with all these long white raddish things. How do you fix these? I'm looking for recipes someone has actually made and enjoyed.

I do like the the green tops cooked. I understand you can eat the green tops raw added in salads.
I sauteed some red onion and garlic first and then added only the green tops chopped up and cooked those down stirring almost constantly. This was very good. I even tried them on a 93 year old and she liked them. When you cook the tops they seem to lose the spicey hot taste they have when raw.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America