Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!: plantparent picture (From Jeremy a different pineapple?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantparent

In reply to: From Jeremy a different pineapple?

Forum: Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of From Jeremy  a different pineapple?
plantparent wrote:
We have HUGE oaks on the property. We rake the leaves into the lane in the fall, driving over them through the next couple seasons. This summer I went to the lane and scooped tons of great soil and mulched leaves to pot up coconuts. Much more fun than going to HD and lift heavy bags of soil. We are also blessed with winds that blow all kinds ofbranches off the oaks. Those that don't end up in the smoker (yum-yum) are used as planters for ferns and such. I really like the bromilead garden. The puppy is cute too! I want one (stump garden) but the oaks are protected so untill they get some disease we can't go chopping on them. Not that I would.
Just a note. I went on my walk-a-bout this AM and noticed some critter got my single green tomatoe. KARMA????

This message was edited Nov 14, 2009 10:35 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America