Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Watching gourds dry: hurry up and wait: huggergirl picture (I have the bug too)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright huggergirl

Subject: I have the bug too

Forum: Article: Watching gourds dry: hurry up and wait

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of I have the bug too
huggergirl wrote:
First,Thanks tc Iam so glad to you are sharing with us,i bought my 1st finished apple gourd this summer at an heirloom tomato festival,it started right then !! Then in oct. I went to my favorite summer market,aanndd she had green apple gourds ,well,you know where this going !!! I bought 4,then I started picking her brain,did you grow these ,not this year,she said ,but I grew some last yr and they are just laying out by the greenhouse,she dropped off 4 beautiful dried apple gourds ,at my door ,no less,i have known her for ever,she lives just a few min. from me.Anyway I went back a few days later,to get pumkins and such,she had brought in all of her dried gourds,i bought more ! at $1 apeice,and i went back again,she closes down the week before Halloween and she marks everything 1/2 off,so I have 4 apple 2swan to dry,and I have 15 dried apple and caveman ? gourds .And I have been reading everything I can about drying and crafting.iam assuming now that Ive read a bit about the process,mine were most likly picked to soon so Iam expecting rot,we will see,and the amish gourd site is great Ive been there.We have been having really mild weather so Iam leaving them outside ,and its amazing how much lighter they are already.Now we need more info on the gourd Inks or dyes they use for crafting.I am sorry for being so chatty,Iam so excited about crafting gourds

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America