Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Camellias - An introduction: growin picture (Photos)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright growin

In reply to: Photos

Forum: Article: Camellias - An introduction

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Photos
growin wrote:
Great article Sue!

The best Camellias in town here are planted infront of houses that face east or north on either side of the front steps. There is a 2 story Camellia infront of the little house next door and it seems to be a fairly strong grower, except for snow-load damage from last winter. There is 2 fish-tail Camellias in my block and the one on the South-west corner can become yellowish due to summer sun/drought (July/Aug) but the one facing North-East is always dark green and blooms nicely. The only time I've seen them do well in a south exposure here is if they have sufficient summer irrigation, feeding and protection from winter winds below freezing.

I believe they are under-utilized and under-rated for both commercial and residential landscapes. The nursery I work at always sells out early in the season.

I hope to see more articles on the Genus. Thanks!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America