Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: The Charlie Brown Seed Tree: NEILMUIR1 picture (Got a Tree Big Enough?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright NEILMUIR1

Subject: Got a Tree Big Enough?

Forum: Article: The Charlie Brown Seed Tree

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Got a Tree Big Enough?
NEILMUIR1 wrote:
Dear Sharon, what a great idea and would make a fantastic gift for people as well.
However this clever idea might not work with Sarah's obsessive seed gathering from her cottage garden. For when I look for an envelope they are missing, so upon going most gingerly to ask if she has seen any, all I get is, I used them to collect some seeds. So as I open one of the drawers there are mountains of envelopes full of seeds, these are not labeled as to what they are at all, although occasionally you come across one with "RED," or "YELLOW," printed on it. I suppose that narrows it down a bit, not much though. Experience has taught me not ask, for if you do, you get some statement that makes the obscure seed even more obscure.
They are in my shed as well for even my sacred place she invades with her envelopes full of unknown things. How many times have I asked her not to collect foxglove seeds as they grow everywhere around here, and are quite capable of seeding so much by themselves that I get annoyed pulling them out! It does not stop her though, have envelope, collect seeds!
So the only way I think this idea could work is to get a big tree, hang all the envelopes on it and then it is "Pot Luck," for anyone brave enough to pick one! If you were lucky you might get one with a colour on it.
Yes I can tell a lot of the seeds apart, but I do not know where she has collected them from, that is the annoying bit, and it is pointless asking her as she may point to a vague bit of the border. Then again she might not if she cannot remember at all.
Regards from a freezing cold London minus 4 at the moment and snow tomorrow they say.
Neil.
p.s. Sarah's first lupin, I did ask her if she had got any seeds of it, but she says they are in an envelope somewhere!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America