Photo by Melody

Self-contained Box Gardens: Gymgirl picture (E-Bucket thread continued here)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gymgirl

In reply to: E-Bucket thread continued here

Forum: Self-contained Box Gardens

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of E-Bucket thread continued here
Gymgirl wrote:
You guys are too much! ^:-):-)^

I guess it's in my blood. When I'm sold on something, I become a consummate salesperson! And, I'm running into more and more people who want to grow their own food to supplement dwindling incomes, eat healthier, and just generally become better citizens!

So, I'm doing my part to spread the word about what we do over in Dave's Garden!

I called an old church member just this morning. He'd been thinking of me too, 'cause our last conversations were about growing stuff in buckets. He told me his family doesn't eat beef anymore, and they are doing mainly veggies, fruits, fish, turkey and chicken. And that he'd been wondering what I was up to in my bucket garden!

So, now he's coming over to see my operation and get a tutorial. Which got me to thinking about holding the same tutorial for some of my co-workers who want to grow stuff...

And about that vacant lot on my block, that would just make a fine garden patch for our neighborhood....etc., etc., etc...

See what ya'll started?

Ya'll are turning me into a total eBuckethead!

Joy,
Kohlrabi is the consistency of an apple slice, and tastes like a mild raddish. It's delightful, and I can see it as a grab 'em snack on my WeightWatcher's menu! We didn't put anything on the slices either, although later, I did put a little salt on one. I like it better w/o the salt! Which is even better for me! I totally see it in salads, and stir fried, too!

I've found seeds for a GIANT KOHLRABI (8" DIAMETER) at Johnny's Select Seeds, and will be ordering these for the fall plantout. Moon, I'll be sending you some of these seeds!

Catz,
This pic's for you!

This message was edited Jan 26, 2010 9:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America