Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Friends, the Songbirds: sharondippity picture (My experience is a bit different)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sharondippity

In reply to: My experience is a bit different

Forum: Article: Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Friends, the Songbirds

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of My experience is a bit different
sharondippity wrote:
strange, I am just 80 miles north of DFW and the red wings are here year round.

I have the little junco too , they are beautiful

Robins eat protein....worms and insects and generally from the ground. I have never seen one at a feeder. But......just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't. I heard the painted buntings won't come to a feeder, but I have had them on mine.

These little boogers leap from the taller tree branches down to the feeder, the pole is greased and the feeder shut but they can open it , sometimes they get all the way inside, curl up and stay for a hour or so stuffing their jaws

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America