Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ButterflyChaser

Subject: SEED CONSERVATION PROGRAM??

Forum: Beginner Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of SEED CONSERVATION PROGRAM??
ButterflyChaser wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of some sort of conservation program that could put a lot of seeds to good use? I have tons of seeds I won't be using. I've tried trading, but no one has anything I need. I've done SASEs and I'm done with that. So I'm now left with millions (literally) of seeds and I don't have room to grow them all. I was thinking about the lands in California that were ravaged by fire and other places that were flooded, etc. Many of my seeds would do great in a hot dry area, like TX, CA, AZ, etc. and even milder climates.

Are there any conservation groups that could put my seeds to use? I'm only interested in US groups, as I'd like to help my own country. I could even make it an annual donation, as I will continue to grow these same plants, which will continue to produce millions of seeds. Some of my seeds are edible as well as ornamental. Maybe there are some botanical gardens somewhere that have been destroyed and need any donations they can get (like in New Orleans maybe?). Anyone have any ideas?

NancyAnn

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America