Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: Gitagal picture (To cover or not to cover?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: To cover or not to cover?

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of To cover or not to cover?
Gitagal wrote:
evelyn--

I am surprised that you can still buy Vermiculite!!!! It has been off the market here for years, when it was deemed to contain asbestos. I work at a HD--and we have not sold it for 5 years or more......

I do not do so many seeds that I need to worry about a roll of Seran Wrap. Usually, I don't cover my seedlings at all.
I also do not have any heat mats---but I do put my seeded cell packs on the very lowest shelf on my light rack, which sits right above a floor heat vent. So--I hope some of the heat gets near the seed trays.

I have a very small seed rack set-up and only use 3' lights on 2 shelves. It is by a S. facing window in my bedroom.
That is all I have--and, need.
Here------

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America