Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Seed Germination: KaylyRed picture (To cover or not to cover?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KaylyRed

In reply to: To cover or not to cover?

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of To cover or not to cover?
KaylyRed wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Gita! Yes, I've used the pelleted mesh things in the past and I'm not fond of them. While this system does come with pelleted growing material that you "puff up" by adding hot water, there's no mesh, which is partly what sold me on it.

Here's a photo of some seedlings planted 3 weeks ago (each of them had germination time tables of 7 days or more, but all came up within 3 days). On the far right are tomatoes (cherry and Roma). Those are only at 10 days germination.

I admittedly planted the thunbergia way too early--look at 'em go! I do plan to transfer these to larger peat pots to give to family and friends and even sell a few at yard sales. How big they get this year before early May will determine when I start them next year.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2010 8:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America