Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Homesteading: Hineni picture (retired, living self sufficently in Alabama)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Hineni

In reply to: retired, living self sufficently in Alabama

Forum: Homesteading

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of retired, living self sufficently in Alabama
Hineni wrote:
Free: Thanks for the info re: salt box; that makes sense now. The old timers around here swear we have panthers as well, but they get pooh-pooh'd by other old timers so who knows. For sure we have bobcats, 'yotes and fox, plus the run-o-the mill opossum and raccoons. From time to time a skull I don't recognize shows up in the Pyr's 'yard art' collection. I try to be nice to the trash men and put all the bodies in plastic bags. It wasn't too bad in winter when they were frozen stiff, but I don't want to be wrasslin' any dead critters into plastic bags in the heat this summer...LOL! Apparently several hunters field dressed their meat and left the remainders, which then ended up in my yard as chew toys. I'm hoping the scattered bones and big dogs keep scoundrels from sniffing around here :D However, before I mow I'll have to pick up all of said skulls; don't want to ruin the mower blades! (see photo)

MsRobin: Yep, had time today to surf for a little bit and try to get caught up on here as I am behind on so many threads! I think the mailman ran off the road when he saw me up before 13:00 today...hehe.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America