Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Wildlife Gardening: garyon picture (Deer and Woodchucks: What they ate today)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright garyon

In reply to: Deer and Woodchucks: What they ate today

Forum: Wildlife Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Deer and Woodchucks: What they ate today
garyon wrote:
No, not the first year. We've had this garden for about 35 years and things started becoming a problem starting 10 years ago. If it smells, makes noise, lights up or moves I've probably tried it. Fencing is not affordable, and the commercial sprays not practical as well as being expensive.

The neighbors don't keep gardens. They think the deer are a great feature for the neighborhood. They like the woodchucks too.

Our yard is a perfect haven for wildlife, and we've noted about 30 bird species there. The woods, cover and attractive plant materials attract the mammals.

Each year I select another deer-and-woodchuck resistant plant, but I still want to grow the old ones.

Grayson

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America