Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: South African Foxglove, an easy exotic annual (Ceratotheca triloba): donnerville picture (GREAT article, Sally!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright donnerville

In reply to: GREAT article, Sally!

Forum: Article: South African Foxglove, an easy exotic annual (Ceratotheca triloba)

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of GREAT article, Sally!
donnerville wrote:
Thanks to Gita's generosity, I also got to grow this plant for the first time this year. I probably didn't do a good job with starting the seeds, because I got only one seedling out of the entire pack of seeds from Gita :-(

The plant is healthy and blooming very happily now. I was out of town for more than 2 weeks in the first half of this month and the plant started to bloom during my absence although the temperature was close to 100F. My heart leaped when I saw the beautiful flowers on my return.

I normally deadhead my plants religiously. Not with this one though. I am saving every seedpod this lovely plant may produce and hopefully have some to share with our fellow gardeners.

Thank you very much, Gita, for the seeds. Great article, Sally.

Donner

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America