Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: dalfyre picture (Daffodils and spring flowers)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dalfyre

In reply to: Daffodils and spring flowers

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Daffodils and spring flowers
dalfyre wrote:
cute flowers on that Feesia laxa.
Must find out if I can have it here...
I have offered my boss bulbs when I dig over the daffy corner in December.
So I guess i am duty bound to actually do that digging...
it has been nearly 10 years since I moved here & dug over this weedy corner & discovered bulbs galore.
Luckily I did it at the right time & have been rewarded every spring.
Suspect the daffs were pretty neglected in the years this house was a rental & don't recall seeing much evidence of them when I looked the place over.
I moved in November & the garden was a weedy mess, I thought I would dig all the grass out & found the bulbs.
Fortunately I was using my garden fork - hate to think what a mess I would have made getting stuck in with a spade.
The gardens here are still surprising me after 10 years.
If I make changes by digging things out, trimming back shrubs then other plants appear as if by magic.
And there must be some good gardens around here because the birds & the wind have brought me some bargains too.
Like my perpetual lettuce.
I have had some tasty baby lettuce salads in the past couple of months courtesy of the lettuce that came up in the driveway.
They got transplanted to the garden & once summer hit I let those go to seed & now have hundreds coming up...
time to dig them up & share the love^-_^

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America