Photo by Melody

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: BLOSSOMBUDDY picture (THE GPS 11 - The Glorified Potting Shed)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: THE GPS 11 - The Glorified Potting Shed

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of THE GPS 11 - The Glorified Potting Shed
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Thanks!

Mums are heavy feeders.. dont like having their roots wet in the winter.

The ones I had in the old garden were done in rows and we let them get tall and for cutting flowers. They were awesome. And they did well there in the ground because the area was just perfect for it

Here, I have tried them on raised beds, but the soil is too poor to raise them and if I get lazy in fertilizing.. well there goes the mums. They love chicken poo! Then the swamp gets them when the tide is in.. so potting them is about all I can do. Although I am comtemplating now taking them to another location here.. but it wil be a pain to keep them in fertilizer.

I have only one of my babies left from my big collection. Its a bronzy peachy colored mum that gets about 4 foot tall or so and a very late bloomer. I need to take new pix of it and also the Belgeain Yellow ones I got from Leo last year. I had three survivors on those in a raised box of around 40 plants or so whatever I got from him last year. Tjose are just opening so I need new pix and they got really tall. One of the plants I noticed had a stem as thick as my finger.. amazing!

Here is a new rust I got in this year.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America