Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: BLOSSOMBUDDY picture (THE GPS 11 - The Glorified Potting Shed)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BLOSSOMBUDDY

In reply to: THE GPS 11 - The Glorified Potting Shed

Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral Design

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of THE GPS 11 - The Glorified Potting Shed
BLOSSOMBUDDY wrote:
Starting mum cuttings is fun. Kings is a great supplier. There are several out there. You snip, dip and poke in pots or cell flats and whalah!

Myy biggest issue with doing mums too is taking cuttnigs to make those lovely full bushel basket looking plants... seems mine get weird shaped on the pinching.

The ones we had in the garden at the old farm, I would just shear them and they would bloom like mad, but we were not growign them for rounded potted flowers since tose were in rows. But shearing them did benefit them in blooming.

Im with you, you might be too hot, but hey, if you do not try, you have nothing to lose.

I tried bringing some of the mums indoors to the house last year, but the ones I had in pots from last year still have not bloomed either last year or this season.. why I do not know....its been over a year and no blooms on them, but like I said.. no fertilier on them either.. I got lazy. I probably ought to poke them in the ground some where just for grins.

Heres my new buddy.. Sally!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America