Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Homesteading: CajuninKy picture (retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2))

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2)

Forum: Homesteading

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2)
CajuninKy wrote:
Thank you so much. We are doing a bit better. Til we have to walk up a hill. LOL

I do love my chickens. I am getting a few eggs now. Makes it not hurt quite as much when I have to shell out big bucks for chicken feed. I know I could buy eggs cheaper in town but they wouldn't be healthier nor taste as good. And I'd have to pay for entertainment also cause my girls are sure entertaining. Not to mention all the time I spend doctoring them for one thing or another. Get to fulfill my dream of being a vet. LOL

Speaking of, the little game roo I have in the living room is doing a lot better. One eye is open and he can see fine out of it. I need to soak his head again tonight and get the other one open. I had it open once. I think if I get it open again it will stay open as the swelling has gone down. Don't know what I am going to do with the little beggar. All he wants to do is fight. He is a pitiful sight. His head is naked and he looks like a burn victim. His name is Scar and he has lived up to it.

Don't remember if I told you guys, but I have Miracle in the house too. She is the BSL (black sex link) pullet that survived the dog attack. She started laying. Anyhoo, she decided to molt at the worst possible time. She'd freeze out there with no feathers so I have her inside in a big plastic tub. She layed her egg in the tub yesterday. My LR is chicken central. Go ahead. Shake your heads. I hear ya'll laughing at me. I could write a book. You'd really laugh if you could hear Scar let out his little high pitched crow early in the mornings. Town crier with his nekkid head self.

Sailor, I looked for the video of the water wheel on FB but didn't see it. I saw a still pic. I'll look again. Did you go to my page and look at the video I poster of us driving down the mountain on the snow covered road? Check it out.

This pic is at the barn 2 days ago. Had to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America