Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: chrissy100 picture (Brugmansia - summer)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chrissy100

In reply to: Brugmansia - summer

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia - summer
chrissy100 wrote:
I am guessing perhaps the ones outside are drying out in the reflected (dry) heat of the walls.
it's about humidity and warmth.
The ones I lost were blasted by the 40C wind ...my fault because I did not have time to move them under trees.
The ones that do not seem to be doing well will recover nicely in dappled shade under trees or bushes ...don't forget with seedlings just like tomatoes you can re pot them up to the cot leaf scars ...thus pushing them into better growth as they make extra roots.

The Magnolia I think I may have lost has crispy dried leaves ...it's the Exmouth (grandiflora )
The sun got through to it because the hail had stripped so many leaves from the sheltering trees.
It is a beautiful evergreen with beautiful Lacquered leaves with felt chocolate undersides. :(
The ones from you have cooked leaves where the sun hit them but the leaves in the shaded parts are ok ...will they recover ok? what a shame they were doing so well.
Here is the one I am worried about. Magnolia Exmouth ...now with crunchy leaves. It does have lower leaves still green where it escaped the sun.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America