Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Homesteading: CajuninKy picture (retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2))

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2)

Forum: Homesteading

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of retired, living self sufficently in Alabama (Part 2)
CajuninKy wrote:
Beautiful here today. 50ish and no wind to speak of. Worked in long sleeves. Hope it lasts. Sure does my muscles good.

Here is my SFG beds. I have now got the 3rd and final layer of pavers on both beds. I need to get them filled now and they will be ready for spring planting. Still need to finish filling the wooden half barrel and the plastic half barrel. I will use them to grow my sugar snap peas and my yard long beans on tepees. I was going to use 3 oples on each tepee but was reading the peas can be grown just 2" apart so I will put more poles, 6 or possibly 8, in the pea barrel and 3 in the bean barrel. Tomatoes will go in the smaller containers and eggplant in the 2 bales. The plastic barrel is the white blob in the right foreground of the pic. Sorry the pic is not better. It was taken well after dark.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America