Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: chrissy100 picture (Brugmansia - summer)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chrissy100

In reply to: Brugmansia - summer

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia - summer
chrissy100 wrote:
Not much to show I am afraid ...but happy to see tiny new green leaves popping out of naked branches on my "boiled and grilled" brugs.
Still a bit scary because we are going to be hit with at least 2 more over 40C days next week (meaning the little fresh new leaves may be very vulnerable) and there are not many big leaves left to protect the baby leaves.
I guess it isn't much use having Brugmansias that can't take the big heat ...after all this is Australia and as much as I love them ...if they can't cope then they won't go on to be classic like old Apricot or Knightti.

Wayne I have your poor little Pink/Yellow (trashed by seering hot then blo*dy cold winds yesterday) blooming.
It's from a cutting ...it was hailed on too and lost it's first flush then and is bravely blooming again in atrocious conditions.
I think in better conditions it will be really quite a little darling.
Clearly (though not in the picture) very waxy, very petite, lovely yellow and warm pinks.
I haven't had a chance to smell the perfume due to the weather.
I have some of it growing in a shade position (this one is in full sun) and it will probably present will deeper shades than this one but I have to say this is a yummy gelato colour in real life.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America