Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: chrissy100 picture (Brugmansia - summer)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chrissy100

In reply to: Brugmansia - summer

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia - summer
chrissy100 wrote:
Not much to show I am afraid ...but happy to see tiny new green leaves popping out of naked branches on my "boiled and grilled" brugs.
Still a bit scary because we are going to be hit with at least 2 more over 40C days next week (meaning the little fresh new leaves may be very vulnerable) and there are not many big leaves left to protect the baby leaves.
I guess it isn't much use having Brugmansias that can't take the big heat ...after all this is Australia and as much as I love them ...if they can't cope then they won't go on to be classic like old Apricot or Knightti.

Wayne I have your poor little Pink/Yellow (trashed by seering hot then blo*dy cold winds yesterday) blooming.
It's from a cutting ...it was hailed on too and lost it's first flush then and is bravely blooming again in atrocious conditions.
I think in better conditions it will be really quite a little darling.
Clearly (though not in the picture) very waxy, very petite, lovely yellow and warm pinks.
I haven't had a chance to smell the perfume due to the weather.
I have some of it growing in a shade position (this one is in full sun) and it will probably present will deeper shades than this one but I have to say this is a yummy gelato colour in real life.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America