Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: MyaC picture (Brugmansia - summer)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MyaC

In reply to: Brugmansia - summer

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia - summer
MyaC wrote:
Chrissy that is so sad about that young mother and the baby,I couldn't imagine being that terrified.

I knew about Yasi for 10 days before she hit so I had lots of time to pack and take with me what I wanted .My other hobby besides gardening is weather watching and I was well informed way before the authorities about the potential destruction of that low that was forming and later called Yasi.I can tell you that when we saw this weather system out there and calculated the projection of her path and the calculated date of landfall(on a high tide)I clamoured for my insurance policy to make sure I was well and truely covered.Without being an alarmist,I encouraged everyone that would listen to me to make sure that they were heavily insured,some took my advise and some thought I was crazy until the news picked up on Yasi but by then the insurance companies had an embargo on updating or buying new policies.Townsville got away with only a Cat 3 but I'm afraid to even think what Ann's place must look like after being hit by a strong Cat4,power will be a problem for weeks further up north.

Thanks all for the offer of plants but I have an insurance policy that pays for all the plants destroyed.It was quite hard to go around after and find what had survived and what hadn't.I was quite depressed to see the destruction of the garden,my house had no damage but the garden really suffered.We are really quite lucky because we are having great sunshine throughout the day and refreshing rain throughout the night so whatever will revive will.This is a picture the day after the cyclone ,quite heartbreaking but at least I have a house with a roof ,can you see that coconut tree without its head......

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America