Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

High Yield Gardening: Garden_Healing picture (High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Garden_Healing

In reply to: High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds

Forum: High Yield Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds
Garden_Healing wrote:
I just started with SFG in a community garden last July. I have never gardened before and after some research decided that the SFG would work for my needs to have a fully organic vegetable garden. I built four 4x4 cedar raised beds, one 4x4 by 3 layered pyramid for deep growers (i.e carrots), and a 2x6 with trellises for tomatoes. I used Mel's mix (1/3 sphagnum, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 mixed organic composts (lobster, manure, mushroom, etc). Besides starting quite late in the summer (plants got in the ground beginning of August) I had a great yield of peppers, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, basil, etc. I am starting from seeds this year and learning all about indoor grow lights. Looks like I can only post one image here... if you want to see more pictures I started a blog http://y9fvg.blogspot.com/ last fall. I haven't updated lately but will try now that I am starting with the seeds.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America