Photo by Melody

High Yield Gardening: Garden_Healing picture (High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Garden_Healing

In reply to: High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds

Forum: High Yield Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds
Garden_Healing wrote:
I just started with SFG in a community garden last July. I have never gardened before and after some research decided that the SFG would work for my needs to have a fully organic vegetable garden. I built four 4x4 cedar raised beds, one 4x4 by 3 layered pyramid for deep growers (i.e carrots), and a 2x6 with trellises for tomatoes. I used Mel's mix (1/3 sphagnum, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 mixed organic composts (lobster, manure, mushroom, etc). Besides starting quite late in the summer (plants got in the ground beginning of August) I had a great yield of peppers, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, basil, etc. I am starting from seeds this year and learning all about indoor grow lights. Looks like I can only post one image here... if you want to see more pictures I started a blog http://y9fvg.blogspot.com/ last fall. I haven't updated lately but will try now that I am starting with the seeds.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America