Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

High Yield Gardening: JohnCrichton75 picture (High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JohnCrichton75

In reply to: High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds

Forum: High Yield Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of High Yield Gardening in Raised Beds
JohnCrichton75 wrote:
Hey all. I've been lurking here 'n there and just love this forum!! I think there is a good soil discussion going on so I will try not to derail it. I really need to reread many of these posts too, cause what I have been doing is using the $1.69 composted cow manure bags from Lowe's for my raised beds (I used the square/ ft method as well.) I have been pleased with the results but I have no basis for comparison so maybe I should try a different soil mixture to experiment.

I planted about 5 sq/ ft of "short and sweet" carrots late last October and harvested them just yesterday. Yeah, you read right. They are 70 day carrots and were in the ground about 150 days. I just broadcast the seeds in the sq/ ft plots and thinned them out as they grew. I did not fertilize at all recently for various reasons...

My kids love 'em. This is about 70% of the crop.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America